Packet 3 - Instruction Materials for Fiancé (K-1) Applicants
Packet 3 provides instruction materials for immigrant visa applicants once the case file has been received at the Consulate, but before an interview can be scheduled. If you have received a "Packet 3" letter from the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal, please follow the instructions below to send to the Consulate the required forms and checklist.
NOTE: You are NOT authorized to make an interview appointment at this time. All unauthorized appointments will be cancelled without notice.
If you are a Fiancé (K-1) applicant:
- DS-230, Part I only – one copy per each applicant, including children.
- DS-156 – 2 copies.
- DS-156K (292KB PDF) – 1 copy.
- Confirmation receipt regarding Form DS-160 - one copy, available online at ceac.state.gov/genniv.
- Checklist of documents to gather for the interview – one copy per family is sufficient.
- 2 color photographs (Photograph Requirements)
- Photocopy of the biographic data page of the applicant's passport.
You may send the documents to the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal using courier services that are offered at no extra cost for the applicant. Please visit the Visa Services website and follow instructions for "IV Applicant Needing to Register for DHL" and "Sending Document to the Consular Section". If you have any further inquiries about the courier services, please visit the U.S. Visa Services website.