Appointment Checklist - Fiancé Visas
Appointment Date: ______________
Appointment Time: ______________
Please prepare all the necessary forms and documents before coming to the interview.
Make sure you have the original and a copy of the supporting documents you want to submit during your interview.
To prevent unnecessary delays during your interview, please arrange your documents in the following order:
- Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page.
- Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate).
- Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X-ray is not required, unless there is TB).
- 2 color passport-size pictures (5 cm X 5 cm or 2 inch X 2 inch).
- Form DS-230 (175KB PDF), part I, or Confirmation Page of the electronic form DS-260.
- 2 copies of form DS-156 completed online and printed with barcode.
- Form DS-156K (PDF 292K) (do not sign).
- Confirmation page of the electronic form DS-160.
- Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days).
- Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.
- Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.
- Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.
- Custody documents, English translation and photocopy.
- Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence.
- Court / Criminal records and photocopy.
- Military records and photocopy.
- Evidence of Support (I-864, I-864A, I-864EZ, I-864W) and photocopy of IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return.
- Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA.
- Copies of documents proving petitioner's U.S. domicile.
We take fraud seriously. If it is discovered that you have provided false information or documents, you may be found ineligible for a visa.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.