Advice to All Visa Applicants
- Check the date and time of your appointment. Arriving late may result in cancellation of your appointment.
- If you fail to bring all the requested documents and copies, or if you fail to pay the visa application fee, your appointment may be cancelled.
- Please note that only applicants with scheduled appointments will be admitted into the Consulate, except for those requiring assistance.
- All visitors to U.S. Consulate Montreal must follow certain security procedures. Any visitor who declines to be screened by U.S. Consulate security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Consulate. When planning your visit here, to avoid delaying your entry and that of those in line behind you, please bring only what is required for your interview with us.
- Due to security measures, you may have to wait a considerable amount of time outside the Consulate. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- For us to be able to return your passport, you need to register with DHL courier services. Please consult the U.S. Visa Service website and follow instructions for an "IV Applicant Needing to Register for DHL". If you have any further inquiries about the courier services, please click here.
We regret to inform you that the US Consulate General Montreal cannot accept credit card payments at this time. Please come to your appointment prepared to pay by cash or USD money order. Thank you for your understanding.
Packets, Forms and Information
Diversity Visa Scam Alert